Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A Birthday Gift to Myself

Over the last couple years I've knit several shawls, scarves, cowls and other knits for myself. At first they fit in my dresser with the rest of my clothes but soon I needed more space. They've sat on shelves and on top of my dresser in piles but it's been difficult to find the perfect space. Especially for the shawls and scarves.
Here is an honest photo of what my side of the closet looked like. My dresser is currently in the closet since the baby's bed takes up so much floor space. I had two bins overflowing with sweaters and shawls which wasn't very practical or kind to the knits.

After some searching, I finally found this hanging organizer. I needed something short to go over my dresser, pockets for shawls/ scarves and other small knits and shelves for sweaters. It's not perfect but it fit all my requirements. It would be nice if the side pockets were bigger but they were made to hold shoes not shawls. I still need to switch out my summerish knits for my winter ones but so far everything fits. The top shelf has my bigger shawls, Boneyard and Herbstwald. Middle shelf has short sleeved knits (that will probably be packed for the winter), Elfe, February Lady and Ditto. While the bottom has some long-sleeved knits, including the sweatshirt sweater I recently finished.

On the bottom row of pockets I was able to fit my Vertex cardigan. Since I fixed the holes that appeared during blocking, another hole has appeared. I might have to toss this one but I haven't been able to bring myself to do that yet. Beside it is a purple shirt that hates to stay on a hanger. Lucky for me it fits in a pocket all rolled up.

Plenty of room for more knits. There are 24 pockets in all. I have plans for at least 3 shawls/ scarves this winter. I love being able to see what I have and am looking forward to the cooler weather so I can wear some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...