Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My favourite finish of 2012

Here it is. My finished February Lady Sweater. In April. I started this July 22, 2011 and had the body done by September. Once I sat down and forced myself to cross this off my list, I was able to finish the sleeves quickly. I finished the second sleeve Friday night and put the buttons on Saturday morning before we went for our weekly trip to the library. I love it and am so happy with how it turned out. This is a free pattern on ravelry and has been cast on by almost 12,000 knitters!

First back shot that my daughter took. I really like this picture for some reason so I thought I'd share it.
The whole back. I haven't blocked it yet and am terrified to wash it. I have 1 skein left of this yarn and am deciding what to do with it. A cowl maybe?

Our local quilt show is this weekend. Quilts need to be turned in by 9am Friday morning. Neither of my quilts are finished and with a sick husband at home last week I didn't get much done. Yesterday was a beautiful day and all I wanted to do was sit outside and knit or read but I knew I had to finish my quilts. I did the next best thing. I brought my sewing machine and projects downstairs, opened the patio door  and started quilting. By 4pm I finished quilting both quilts. I trimmed off the excess back and batting after supper. Hope to bind my Oh My Stars quilt today, or at least get the binding made. 

Lots of stops and starts lead to lots of thread in my little garbage pail.
Peak at my colour challenge quilt. This quilt has to be faced. Have several tutorials on how to do this, just need to do it. It is only 18 x 36 inches. I have enough of the fabric that if I mess up I can quickly make another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...