Since my last post on Friday, I've been keeping myself pretty busy. I wish there were some finishes but just a lot of progress. On Friday I finished cutting ALL the fabrics for the Oh My Stars QAL. I developed a blister by the end of it but it is nice to have it done. Since I ran out of white, my son and I decided to use black for some of the stars (this quilt will be for him). The white background will be paired with the blue star fabrics and the blue planet fabric. The black background will be paired with yellow star fabrics (there are 4 shades of yellow and 5 or 6 blue). Some star blocks are being completely replaced with the black solar system fabric seen in the top left of the picture. No borders cut yet. I will wait until it is all pieced and then decide.
Was able to get 1 black and yellow star done. I am hoping with all the pieces cut I can get in the groove one afternoon and put a big dent into the number of blocks needed. Today?
Yesterday I finished quilting my January UFO. Need to add the binding and hanging sleeve today.
I started quilting this quilt yesterday too. I thought I wanted straight lines but after I did a few I decided I didn't like it. Will spend a few hours with the seam ripper to take out what I did yesterday. Think it will end up getting a free-motion stippling all over it instead. Oh well. My husband offered to rip the stitches out for me. I know I have a second seam ripper around here somewhere... maybe I should find it today.
I really want to make this, but put the pockets on the inside. Today?
Making progress on my mom's cardigan. Have about 6-7 more inches before the back is done. Currently decreasing to make the armholes.
This past weekend were the finals of the Australian Open (tennis for those who may not know). The woman's started at 12:30am PST on Friday Night and the man's was at 12:30amPST Saturday night. I stayed up for both of them and this is what I worked on to help keep myself awake (didn't work for the men's final as it went to 6:40am - although I woke up and saw the end). This is an easy shawl that will have a lace border. Using the same yarn from the Molly scarf I made last week. My son gave me 2 skeins of it for Christmas. Hoping I have enough to finish this. Pattern can be found on ravelry.
Made progress on the sock during gymnastics on Saturday. Have about an inch left before I start decreasing for the toe.
Hopefully I will have my January UFO done by tomorrow and maybe another finish or 2 for Friday.