Amy hosted another One thing, One Week Challenge and I decided last Monday that I would challenge myself to finally finish my December UFO. And I did.
It just covers the top of our double bed so it should be good for a twin. I still need to wash it and then I will be donating it.
It took less than 3 hours on Friday afternoon to free-motion over the whole top. Kicking myself for taking so long to just do it. Thanks for the push Amy.
I kept it scrappy on the back and binding as well. I used leftover bindings from other quilts to do this one.
Been working on other projects this week too. My little guy turns 6 a week from today so I have been busy trying to finish his cardigan in time. Got the back finished.
And the left front. The right front was finished last night and I cast on the first sleeve. Have the second sleeve and hood left to knit and then piece them all together. I think I will be able to finish this on time.
Got some time in on my January UFO. Working on a quilt inspired by Elizabeth's billboard quilt, which you can find here. This week I finished making my scrappy blocks...
... and turned them into letters.
I also completed 98 blocks needed for a spring quilt. Most of these fabrics my daughter gave me for Christmas. I added the white and 2 fat quarters from my stash. Looking forward to playing with them this week.