Monday, March 18, 2013

A knitted finish

I finished the Herbstwald shawl about a week ago. Here it is before blocking. It is only 2 couch cushions long.

After blocking it stretches across the whole couch.

Detail shot. I loved the last chart of this pattern (the last 20 rows). I liked the whole thing actually, but I really like how it finishes.

A picture of the middle. I like how big this shawl ended up being. I added an extra repeat of both charts A and B and am glad that I did. This has become more of a wrap than a shawl. Now I just need the weather to warm up so I can wear it outside. It's snowing here today but at least my new shawl can keep me warm inside.

Pattern is from the book "Sock-Yarn Shawls" by Jen Lucas. You can find the book on amazon and Jen's blog here.  There is also a ravelry group.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Quilt Finish!

I finished the quilt for our little guy this weekend. Here it is all washed, waiting for baby. Today marks 33 weeks, which leaves us with 7 weeks until the due date. 

I'm very happy with how this turned out.



Detail of the quilting on the back.

The whole back. I think I like the back as much as the front. It's just a curtain panel. I hope it holds up to all the washings this quilt will get. 

One last shot of the quilt top. It's now folded up awaiting his arrival. Can't wait to lay the little guy on it.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Double Take

Had some finishes last week. It seems everything came in pairs.
2 embroideries done.



Taught my daughter to crochet on Friday.

Stitches are a little tight but she's getting better.

She ended up making 2 bracelets.

While she was learning to crochet, I wanted to work on a crochet project so I had something to demonstrate with. I ended up making 2 mug cozies.

The bigger one fits a regular mug.

Or a slightly oversized one, as in this picture. The little one fits skinny tall mugs. 

And I finished the second baby sock making an adorable pair. 

Monday, March 4, 2013

Finishes and WIP's

Finished the pair of anklet socks for myself yesterday. 

I hope to make a few more pairs of these with some of my other leftover sock yarn.

This past week I finished a cardigan and 2 hats for the baby. These are newborn size. The bigger hat was made first. Followed the pattern and it finished huge. So I changed needle size and the amount of stitches cast on and ended up with the smaller hat.

Close-up of the cardigan. These are all knit with worsted weight yarn.

Can see the difference in hat size.

Finished the Labyrinth shawl (over a week ago?) and finally got it blocked. Ran out of yarn so I had to delete the final 2 rows. 

Still love the pattern and feel of the yarn.

My first lame attempts at self-photography. I kept meaning to ask my daughter to take pictures this weekend but forgot.

It's super soft and not too bulky.

Finished another initial embroidery for a niece. Need to iron, frame it and get it in the mail before her birthday later this month.

With all those finishes, I had to start something. A little something. Started a pair of socks for the little guy. I don't have enough of the green and orange to make a complete pair of each. Instead of doing one orange and one green sock I decided to do an orange sock with a green toe and a green sock with an orange toe. Made the first one in a couple hours last night. Now to make the green one.

Also cast on some grown-up socks. Another birthday gift which I really need to work on.

Made some progress on the baby's blanket. It now measures roughly 18 inches.

Not sure where I was the last time I posted a picture of the Herbstwald shawl but I have completed 4 repeats of chart A and 2 of chart B. Doing one more of chart B and then deciding if I will do more or move on to chart C. Each pattern repeat adds 48 stitches - I have enough yarn to continue for a while, but it's taking quite a bit of time to get through the 20 rows of each repeat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...