Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

A Finished Quilt

After a quick trip to Jo-Ann's on Saturday to pick up thread and an hour or so at the sewing machine Sunday, I finished the log cabin quilt. I was even able to get my daughter to help me take some pictures.

Love it!
It measures 50 x 70 and is for a twin size bed. My mom requested Christmasy quilts for two double beds and a twin bed. She doesn't want them to be big, just an extra layer to go on top of the comforter that would already be on the bed. I used cotton batting which is thin and light. I love how bright this quilt is and how quickly it went together.

I did free-motion over all the red and green and left the white squares unquilted. I hope to wash it today so it will become soft and comfy and less stiff.

The back. I found 4 yards of this blue at a thrift shop for $4. Got to love that, too. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...