Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Finished Cowls

With Christmas knitting done, I've been doing a little selfish knitting. I started this cowl while we drove north for the holidays and finished as we drove home. It's based on the Hurricane hat pattern but knit as a cowl. I had a ball of the yarn I used for the Abilene sweater and Hurricane hat I made my friend in 2013 still in my stash. At the time, I wanted to make a cowl using the Hurricane hat pattern but hadn't planned on using this yarn - Cascade 220 Superwash, Blue sky Heather. Above the cowl is folded in half and hasn't been blocked yet. 

Floyd discovered that it's actually a cowl for two.

And is great for giving hugs.

I knew the yarn would felt a bit after blocking. It's a little bigger than I would have liked but I still enjoy wearing it.

Here it is all stretched out after blocking.

I also made myself the Flatiron cowl and love it. I had barely used the third skein of yarn for Floyd's owlet sweater and used what remains for the cowl. It was also the only Aran weight yarn in my stash. I love this cowl. It is so cozy and I wear it a lot. I may need to make more for myself or for gifts. This could easily be knit up in a day, if you aren't looking after a toddler.

Lace pattern but still keeps me warm. If/when I knit this again, I'd add stitches to make it just a bit bigger, but I like this size and hope to add a few more like this to my cowl collection this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...