Pages

Friday, February 6, 2015

Using up Stash

With 2 snow days and a burst blood vessel on my right palm I haven't done much knitting or writing this past week. I have been quilting though and using up my stash which feels good.
I had the blue and green squares leftover from a baby quilt I made several years ago. I also had some cream squares cut for a different project that never happened. Lucky for me they fit together. During a toddler nap I played and came up with this layout and it became...

... this mini quilt. Not sure if I'm going to keep this one or not after it's quilted. It might end up being a gift.

I still had some leftover so I played some more and the squares became...

.... this and then...

... this. I think I'm going to add a border before quilting. This I will keep.

And I've sewn some 3 inch squares together and into rows for a charity quilt. This is 30 inches long so far and 60 inches wide. I am aiming for it to be 80 inches long. I have enough squares cut to get to around 50 inches long but then I'll need to cut more 3 inch squares.

This is the only knitting I've done this week. It's the Parallel Lives pattern found here and is free for a limited time. Fingering weight yarn. It's slow going but feels lovely in my hands while working on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...