... is complete! I really didn't think I would get this finished in time. I had the quilt basted and ready to be quilted last Monday, but I didn't start quilting it til yesterday. I just couldn't decide what I wanted to do and even when I sat down to quilt it yesterday afternoon I changed my mind again. I was going to stipple in all the white squares and outline the "blocks".
However, I've been seeing a lot quilts around blogland being quilted with straight lines and no free-motion and thought this is what this quilt needed. I began with making the "x's" through the blocks - still planning to stipple the white squares.
But I changed my mind again and did straight line quilting on the white squares too. I love how it turned out. The binding is a vintage blue fabric that I love and have been holding onto.
I didn't add any of the borders that were in the original pattern, so the quilt measures 56 x 60. This is a gift for my grandmother.
I used some favourite fabrics for the pieced back.