Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Couple Houses

I totally forgot to thank Jen from Little Scraps of Happiness for the thread. She mailed me this thread a couple weeks ago. Her machine didn't like it, so she offered it to me. I used it to quilt my grandmother's quilt (see previous post) and my machine seems to like it. Haven't tried doing free-motion with it yet. The thread is Sulky, 100% cotton.

Remember these? I won them from Sew Take A Hike last month. I decided to use them for the house blocks which are my March UFO.

House #1. 

House #2.

Together. The quilt doesn't call for sashing but I think I am going to add it. I was thinking green since I didn't pull any greens from my stash to use with the blocks. These still need to be ironed and I have 7 more houses to go. My goal has changed from having the whole quilt complete to having all 9 houses done and sashing decided. I only have a couple days left, so we'll see what I can actually get done. The finished size of these blocks are 16 inches. You can find the patterns for these houses, here.

Next week, finishing my bargello jelly roll tutorial will be the priority. The second jelly roll that I needed arrived last week so now I just need to set aside sometime to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...