Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

A Few Beginnings

 I've had a few finishes lately, so I guess it is time to start some. The fabrics above will become...

 ... this quilt. A gift for my grandmother. She's not my biological grandmother, but she's been married to my grandfather for almost 40 years. She's a really amazing woman who has had a really rough few months. I won't get into details but I think she deserves this and more.

 Some of these masculine fabrics will become...

 ... this quilt. This is the quilt for tomorrow's National Quilting Day, pattern can be found here.  Not sure if I will get any of it done this weekend. This quilt will also be a gift - either my father or father-in-law.

 Some of these fabrics will become...

 ... this. Monica from Happy Zombie designed it and I just couldn't resist. It will probably end up being a gift for my mom, although she may not want the birds on it. Pattern can be found here.

I'm also happy to say all these fabrics (except the jelly roll for the first quilt which I bought specifically for that quilt) all came from my stash. Even though my no-buying fabric is over (I went 10 weeks), it's nice to shop my stash first. The jelly roll came from Green Fairy Quilts (and it was a great price).

 So, will one of these projects be my project for tonight's Friday Night Sew-In? I haven't really decided what I am going to work on yet. I have ironed some of the fabrics for the projects above so it is possible I may start one of them, or I might finish up some others. Who knows.

Maybe I'll work on finishing this sock. Since this picture I have finished the heel and am working on the gusset. It should be done this weekend.
Stop by tomorrow to see what I actually worked on tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Love all of your starts! Hadn't seen the cute birds from Monica. Mom will like it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...