Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Friday Night Sew-In Results


Last night I got all of these fabrics cut to make...

... this quilt. A lot of pieces (240 2 1/2 inch white squares). By the time I was done, it was midnight and I hadn't turned my sewing machine on. That didn't seem right for a Friday Night Sew-In, so I sewed for about a half an hour and...

... completed the first 3 rows. So far I am liking it.

I love the paisley fabrics (this is a Luna Notte jelly roll). 

How I left the remaining rows last night before I went to bed. I moved things closer together so they weren't under the dining room table anymore. I don't want to move the fabrics so I guess I will be working on finishing the top this weekend. Think I need a design wall so I don't have to leave my fabrics on the floor (I cleaned the floor earlier in the day, knowing I was going to do this).

 I also cut the fabrics for this quilt.

Still need to attach the fabrics and I didn't include the birds, as I'm not sure if I am going to add them.   I might put something else there instead. (pattern can be found here).

I also got a little work done on the sock too. Finished the gusset and am now working on the foot. A few more inches and then it will be done.


 Go see what everyone else did last night.



5 comments:

  1. I do like the quilt you're working on... as well as the fabrics you've chosen. Intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does take a lot of time to get the fabrics ready before you sew. But the results are looking great. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really does take quite a bit of time just to get the fabrics cut so I'd still say you had a productive FNSI even if you didn't spend a lot of time actually sewing, I think prep work counts too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutting that many squares takes a lot of time, so I think you were very productive too. I like what you have done so far, looking forward to seeing it progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt is going to look fantastic, all the cutting will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...