Pages

Friday, March 25, 2016

Friday Finish - Quilt for my Mom

  
       I showed pictures of the back of this quilt a few weeks ago. I made it for my mom's birthday earlier this month. It finally arrived at my parents house this week, about 10 days late. I don't really have any other finishes to share today so I thought I'd share the front of the quilt. Weird to see we had snow just a couple weeks ago, Spring has sprung here now. My daughter was at school so a tree in the front yard helped with the outside picture.

     On our full size bed. The quilting was a lot of work and took a long time. Not sure I will ever do quilting like that again. I took several pictures of the top. Hope you enjoy them below.



The back.



     Pattern is Moda Love, Layer Cake Quilt. For my version I didn't use a layer cake, just yardage of the blue and white fabrics. Quilt finishes at 72 inches square.

     My dad emailed me the picture above letting me know it arrived. Happy Belated Birthday, Mom!
The quilt behind her on the wall, is a genealogy quilt I made for her birthday 6 years ago. You can read my blog post about it here.

Linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, that's a lot of quilting, but, oh my goodness that texture! Really beautiful quilt!

    Tami @ sewmuchforfreetime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...