Monday, March 28, 2016

A Scrappy Quilt Finish


     I had hoped to have this on the blog last Friday for Finish it Up Friday, but the toddler came down with a fever early Friday morning and I spent most of the day comforting him and trying to help him feel better. Fever broke early Saturday and I was able to finish the quilt Saturday morning. We were lucky to have beautiful weather here all weekend so I was able to get some outside pictures thanks to my daughter. It's so nice to finally have one of these scrap quilts finished. I have another waiting to be basted and I've been busy cutting scraps for 3 more. 

The back shows off the free-motion quilting.

      A little harder to see the quilting on the front. I used a variegated thread for the quilting and to sew the binding on.

Back with the front. 

     It just covers the top of our full size bed. The quilt measures 60 x 80. IF I were going to make a scrap quilt for our bed, I think I'd make it 90 x 90. Not that I have any plans to do so.

I'm surprised by how much I love this quilt. Wish it hadn't taken me so long to make it.

Tried to take a detail picture inside.

And my scraps are getting so low, I moved them to a smaller box. That's progress. And I have a LOT of green scraps. 

     This quilt will be going to my mother to donate to charity. She has one picked out which is why I knew the quilt needed to be 60 x 80. The scrap quilt waiting to be basted will be going to the same charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...