Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Flying Geese Christmas Quilt : A Quilt WIP

Linking up at Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday for the first time in a long time. It's been a while since I've had a WIP to share but I hope that changes as there are several quilts I'd like to make some progress on this summer.
Today's WIP is the second of 3 Christmas quilts my mother requested. She would like quilts for 2 full size beds and 1 twin. They are just going on top of comforters so they don't have to be big enough to get tucked in. I already finished one, a Log Cabin quilt which you can see here.

I finished cutting all the pieces for the second quilt this weekend. They made a nice stack.

And here they are. Lots of triangles for 60 flying geese blocks. The black with the cardinals is the centre, with 36 blocks having the green holly fabric for the corners. 24 will have red. I have enough red leftover to do a small border and binding. The blocks will finish at 6 x 12 inches.

I have 12 blocks of each colour done but only a few pairs sewn together. 

Layout with all the geese going the same direction.

Here they are with the red row flying south. I think I like this layout the best.

Go over to Lee's blog to see some more WIP's.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I love red and green together. I'm interested to see how you will use these in your quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...