Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Trying to Edit

I feel like I've been editing my novel for years. This particular round of editing seems to be taking much longer than my last but I've added over 18,000 words so I guess that's why it's taking so long. I've edited 14 of 31 chapters and would like to finish by the end of the month. I've given myself a crazy schedule of editing 2-3 chapters a day but I am already several chapters behind. Each chapter is taking longer than I thought and Floyd isn't really helping.

I try to get some work done while he naps or after he's gone to bed at night, but I also try to sneak in some editing while he watches cartoons. Unfortunately, he thinks he still needs to be with me. 

Floyd getting some cuddles while I try to work.

I tried to put him on my lap, facing the tv so I had two hands for typing...

... but he prefers being up. Got to admit I love the cuddles. 
I was able to finish editing a chapter this morning while he watched Saturday morning cartoons with his big brother. My reward? Writing this blog post. Now back to work, cartoons are done in 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...