Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Quilt Distractions

My ironing board is full of distractions. New projects waiting to be started. 

I decided to join the quilt along hosted by Moose on the Porch Quilts. It doesn't start until later this month so you still have time to join.

Here are my fabrics. 16 fat quarters and about 3yards of yellow fabric. I am using some fabrics that I have saved and loved (some for years). I look forward to using them.

With both kids in school this year, I have had the living room to myself during the day. At the top is my September UFO, #11 - rainbow block swap. It was my one and only swap.  I've had them for a couple years and am finally going to finish it this month. I was auditioning border fabrics in the picture.

The project at the bottom  is my planning for my Billboard Quilt, using Oh, Fransson's Quilt Along instructions.  This is one of the distractions on my ironing board. I got out yellow, blue and green scraps to be used for the letters. Fabrics have been ironed and letters have been drawn, next week I hope to have the letters completed.

Back for the Avalon quilt was pieced earlier this week. The quilt is basted and I almost done quilting it. Just need to quilt the sashing.

Got the binding ready to go, too. This is my UFO for August. It feels good to be almost done it.

One finish this week... I finished all the log cabin blocks and decided on a layout. Here they are stacked in rows waiting to be pieced together.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...