Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

I'm in love.

After casting on this sock pattern 5 or 6 times, I have finally finished it. I tried at least 3 times with yarn from my sister before I switched to this yarn. I had to start from the beginning on this sock after making a mistake Saturday. I don't have much experience (yet) in fixing mistakes in knitting and I ended up having to restart on Sunday evening. But today, I conquered the sock demons that have been bothering me and completed this sock. 

I'm so in love with it, I want to knit its partner right now.  Unfortunately I need to finish my UFO for February first.

This is all I have done since my last update. Got these leaves cut out last night. I am not allowing myself to cast on the next sock until I finish my February UFO.

 I also organized the little shelf beside my rocking chair this weekend. I am in love with the green basket. It holds all my circular knitting needles, needle case and maybe some treats in the back. Double pointed knitting needles, scissors and yarn needles are in the front  right cubby, while pens and pencils are on the left. This basket will do until I can make a holder similar to the one I made for my straight knitting needles and crochet hooks, which I posted about here. The blue containers on the top shelf are also new. One holds all the little knitting accessories like cable needle, measuring tape and row counter. The other one holds my ipod and it's power cord. All that stuff use to be in one big basket and it drove me and my husband crazy. It's nice to have it all organized, finally.

 Luckily, I grabbed another green basket (at dollar tree) to help organize my quilt desk. It is nice to have my scissors and rotary cutter in their own little spot and to have a pen handy when I need it. We'll see how long this organization lasts.





1 comment:

  1. Love the sock. You sound like me with the knitting mistakes - I would never do any knitting unless I was at my mother's house, so she could fix my dropped stitches and other bungles. Now I just make very very simple items. No socks, in other words. Yours looks wonderful!

    I like your little green baskets. Organization is great...if you can keep it organized! Every time I start a new project, my poor sewing room looks like a tornado went through. And then I have to clean.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...