Monday, January 24, 2011

One Thing, One Week Challenge Results

Not much has changed since I posted my results from Friday Night Sew-in, with this post. My challenge was to finish quilting my basket quilt (which was about half way done) and do test a pattern for my sister. Both of these challenges were completed on Friday.

 Here is the basket quilt as posted on Saturday.

 Since then the only thing I have done is cut off the excess batting and backing and picked a binding fabric. I decided on this brown fabric last night but it took me 30 minutes to find it. (I think I need to reorganize how I store my fabric).

Here is the quilt top to the pattern I tested for my sister. Since Saturday I have picked the backing and pieced it together (I used 2 fat quarters and a half yard of the same fabric). It is the busy fabric on the right.

Go to Amy's blog to see who else met their challenge. Thanks Amy for hosting; it's a great motivator.

A little bonus sewing that got done this weekend - but not by me. I helped my daughter sew these strips together on Saturday. She saw a rail fence quilt at a quilt show in the fall and thought it looked really hard. I told her she could make one. We are finally getting around to making it. I hope to get these cut into squares tonight and let her play with them this week and sew them together next weekend. The squares will be about 3 inches finished and there are 9 strip sets. Should make for a nice doll quilt.

3 comments:

  1. That looks great! I love baskets, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful your daughter wants to learn to sew/quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...