Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

A UFO and a new Obsession

First off, I have got something done that was on my list for this week. Here are some blue and white 1 1/2 inch strips. Some have even been sewn together in the beginning stage of making 130, 3 1/2 inch 9 patch squares. Trying to do one step at a time and not think about the number I need to do. I also got my daughter's cape done for Halloween but you'll have to wait for a picture.

Part of my distraction this week has been this quilt. It is a disappearing nine patch using a charm pack. Meant to be a wall hanging. I had pieced it and done stitch in the ditch quilting this summer and then it got lost in the pile. I wasn't exactly sure how I wanted to quilt it so I keep setting it aside. I had actually forgotten about it when I came across it last week while I was reorganizing. I looked at the thread I have (I used burgundy) and I knew how I wanted to quilt it. I really like it and very different for me and my free-motion ways.

Not perfect but pretty good being done by eye and using my sewing machine's foot for guidance. How come I can't draw a straight line with a ruler?

Here's the back as well. Love it. Just need to put binding and a hanging sleeve on it and it is ready for etsy. At least I'll get one new thing in my store this week.

Here is my other obsession/ distraction this week. Got this book from the public library. Put this on my Christmas wish list now please!

Love it - so simple yet pretty.

I NEED to make this quilt.

I doubt I will ever make this quilt but I could surprise myself.

I WILL be making this quilt.

Maybe. I love the polka dots and I'm not really a polka dot person or a red person but this quilt just speaks to me.

Great pattern to use some fabrics I don't want to cut up.

A great scrappy pattern.

I'm so glad I got a chance to look at this book. It's in plastic at the book store and I just couldn't spend the money without looking at the quilts first. Now, can I wait until December to see if anyone gets it for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...