I'm not sure what happened to this week. I guess I read on Monday, caught up on sleep on Tuesday, talked to my now retired mom in the middle of the day for 90 minutes on Wednesday and yesterday I finished a sock. The picture above was taken Tuesday or Wednesday and best shows the colour of the yarn.
Finished sock. Once finished, the pair will be mailed to my sister-in-law.
I'm calling them my do-over socks because I love the yarn and want a pair for myself. And I keep messing them up and starting over. I started them on size 3 needles with 56 stitches but after a few rounds it was obviously too tight. Frogged it and cast on 64 stitches. Knit the cuff and an inch or so of the leg and decided it wasn't tight enough. Frogged again. Switched to size 2 needles, with 64 stitches and was happy.
After finishing the first sock last night, I cast on the second. I was almost done the cuff when I realized I had cast on 56 instead of 64 stitches. Frogged and cast on again with the right number of stitches. I'm hoping there are no more problems and no more do-overs.
I thought I was just going to work on the sock all weekend, until Jen released a new pattern today.
I decided to finally wind yarn my mom gave me for Christmas in 2013, called Nipissing Sunset, this morning. A limited edition made just for the LYS. I've been waiting for just the right project.
All caked up and ready to go.
Here it is with the pattern.
Already done chart A and halfway done chart B. Think it will be a nice, light, spring scarf once finished.