Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A Big Finish and Christmas Craft Update

On Sunday, just before supper, I finished my NaNoWriMo novel. It took a u-turn at the end from what I had planned.  I wrote over 5,000 words on Sunday and I am so happy to have it finished a week early. Gives me an extra week to make gifts for the holidays. It needs some serious edits and I thought I would wait until 2015 to start but I actually still like the novel and want to start editing right away. Yesterday, I made an 8 step-editing plan. First, I need to reread it and I'll start that today. 

Floyd helping me write on Sunday afternoon. He brought his trains to keep him company. He's very good at hitting the CAPS lock key and deleting text.

My latest Winner certificate at the bottom, hanging out with the rest.

And to keep it in context, my winner certificates hang on the side of my shelf so I see them when I change Floyd's diaper several times a day. Very inspiring.

Proud mom showing off the drawings the older kids have made for Floyd. My older son drew the dragon on the right and my daughter did the rest. Floyd loves them.

I plan on taking the next few days off from blogging and recharge but I should be back on Friday with some finishes. Above is the back of the Rebel Flock quilt which I finally started quilting. I'll probably set it aside to quilt the advent quilt since I need it done by Monday. Bought white thread this weekend so I'm ready.

And today I am dividing over 2,000 glow-in-the-dark perler beads to make something for the holidays. At first I was just going to make snowflake ornaments for my kids but now... I'm thinking everyone needs one. My brain really needs to decide what it is making for everyone. I don't think I can handle the mess I've created while trying to decide. And I'm still in the wonderful delusion stage where I think I can get it all done. Like the two sweaters I need to make my boys. Started one and wound the yarn for the other but they need to become my first priority. Trying to get as much done as I can this week because I know turning the calendar to December on Monday will be the reality check I need about holiday crafting. Or at least I hope it will be.

Off to craft. These beads won't divide themselves and I have another set of books waiting to be hollowed out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...