Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Writing Wednesday - January 15th

We finished the Famous Writer's puzzle on Sunday. My husband and I tried to work on it together but the baby often had different ideas and so we took turns working on it alone. As expected, there are definitely more male than female writers, although the last row has 5 women. 

Here's a small patch of women writers. Jane Austen, Mary Shelley, Charlotte and Emily Bronte and Emily Dickinson.


I was thrilled when I came across Dorothy Parker while piecing. I wish I could write like her. I love her sense of humour.

I finished reading this yesterday. The first hundred pages were s-l-o-w but just as I was about to put it in the library bag to return it, it got good and I devoured the rest of the book in a few days. It's an interesting story of two women, living 100 years apart and how they are connected (they aren't related). There's also a secret journal that one of them is reading (and no, it isn't written by the other woman), which given my snoopy personality is why I checked it out from the library in the first place. I would rank it slightly above stereotypical chick lit. It has series themes, not everyone has a happy ending and a bit of language. And as much as I try to write "real literature", this seems to be the category that most of my writing falls into as well.

My new writing set up. Part of my table is now designated for writing. I also moved my picture with Atwood and my husband's painting so I can see them when I look up. Atwood wrote "Keep on Truckin'" on the picture, while my husband's painting says, "Publish or Perish.".  No pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...