Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Keeping Busy

Just like everyone else I am busy trying to finish up some Christmas presents and enjoy time with my family. Here's a bit of what we've been up to the last few days.

So Fun Fabrics is closing at the end of the year - everything is marked down 40%. I picked the above Cloud 9 fabrics at a great price. She has lots of other great stuff still available - you should go check it out. I might make one more visit before she closes.

Cardigan for my son. He requested a new cardigan with pockets and a hood and in lots of blues. The yarn is much darker than it appears in the photo. It is a little hard to see since it is still on the circular needles but there is a cable running up each side, beside the button band. I have about 3 more inches to knit before I split it up to make the arm holes. Glad it is a chunky yarn and working up fast. Pattern can be found here.

Sewed 7 more rows onto the chevron baby quilt. Also made it 2 blocks wider than it was.

Here are the next 4 rows trimmed and ready to be pieced together.

Last 3 rows waiting to be trimmed and pieced. I have more if I decide to make the quilt longer. 

Also trimmed 28 of the 35 string blocks I made Friday night. I would go back and forth between trimming these and the little squares above. I'll finish the last 7 when I am done trimming the last 3 rows of the chevron quilt. This is my December UFO. I hope to post my 2012 UFO list later this week. Go to Judy's blog to sign up or see other 2012 UFO list.

Made blocks 5 and 6 for the Fat Quarter Stars Quilt Along last night. Block 7 was put up yesterday and it uses templates! Should be interesting.

And when I'm not crafting, the kids and I made some chocolate chip cookies to be eaten with hot chocolate and marshmallows. This was a new recipe for us - it has hot chocolate mix in the cookies. We also dumped what was left of our chocolate chips and M & M's into the dough. It only takes about 3 cookies before your belly starts aching. They are great for eating while watching Holiday movies.

We also worked on our first 3D puzzle. Bought for $1.50 at Salvation Army it was missing 9 pieces. Oh well. Still fun to do. The kids helped for the first little bit, then got bored and went and played. Even incomplete they were pretty impressed with the final pyramid. My son put a snowflake at the top and called it our Christmas Pyramid.

Of my list of 31 things to do this month, I have completed 15; 6 were eliminated; 3 are delayed (2 of them are started) and 7 are left to finish (3 started). What would I like to have finished by Sunday? - 2 pillowcases (one for each child), my son's cardigan and a skirt for my daughter (which I haven't started yet). The other 3 projects for the month are another ribbon tree, my December UFO and an advent calendar to use every year that could fit chocolates or other little gifts in each pocket. I wanted it done for this year but that didn't happen. Leaving it on the list because I know I'd rather do it now than leave it until next year.
Time to get back to work/ eating cookies/ watching holiday movies.

2 comments:

  1. love the fabric! had to snag some myself! shhhh, don't tell kurt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! What pretty fabrics! And I love the yarn you're using. Ummm...and your snack. Yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...