Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Why I Quilt - Part 1

Every Saturday in August I am going to post some special quilts that started my love of quilts and quilting. The first one was made by my Aunt and was given to me when I was 6 or 7, she also made me a matching doll quilt. She also made quilts for my sister and brother. 

Grumpy Bear.
The Care Bear squares were "painted". I can remember using these paints when I was a kid. I don't think you can find them anymore. My mom or sister might be able to help me with the details.

Tenderheart Bear.

Sunshine Bear.
I really liked this square as it was near the top and was the only Care Bear looking at me when I looked down at the quilt.

One of my favourites. The block was in the centre of the top row.


This quilt was on my bed for many years. When my daughter moved to her big girl bed, I gave her this quilt. The damage above was done by her. She took to sucking the corners and picking at the top seam. When I discovered the damage I admit I was pretty mad. However, now it makes me smile. My aunt (who died in 1999 and never got to meet my children or my husband) would have loved that my daughter got to use and love the quilt, too. Of course my daughter has the doll quilt (I'll have to try and find it for a picture).

Next Saturday I'll share another quilt that means a lot to me.

3 comments:

  1. Precious memories... darling quilt! My DD loved Care Bears when she was little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing pics, sis! You made me get mine out to share too. Wed. I'm posting my quilt:) And yes, you can still buy those paints!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...