Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A couple finishes and some works in progress

Finished this mug rug for a member of my parent's church. She is leaving and my mom requested something small she could take with her to her new place at the Senior's home. 

My husband gave me an early birthday present - an iPad. Within hours of Marvin (since that is his name) joined our family, I made him this little pouch. I looked at a few tutorials online but ended up just doing my own thing once he arrived and could use him to measure the fabric. I made a prototype first and then this one.

My first zipper. I also looked at tutorials online for this but just followed the directions that came with the zipper. Works good.

Love the 2 fabrics I used. Glad I saved them for something special.

Yesterday I played with fabric on the living room floor. 

After I cleaned up my piles I got 2 of 40 blocks complete. I really like them so far.

August UFO - UFO #7 - Avalon from Material Obsession. Cut the fabrics last week and pieced it last night. I had originally picked different fabrics but switched to Christmas ones when I was trying to decide who would receive this quilt. So, this will end up being a gift or maybe I'll keep it.
I didn't finished June's UFO (#8) or July's (#2) so I hope this will be an easy finish and then I can get a little work done on them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...