Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Little gifts and a Holiday Quilt


 I've been a little busy, finishing up some little gifts before I start mailing packages. (Might mail the first few tomorrow - 3 days ahead of schedule!) First up are these 7 necklaces. They are crocheted with beads. My son has even asked for one so I need to make another for him. They were pretty easy to make - I made these while watching the Grey Cup on Sunday (Canada's version of the Superbowl).  Kids had fun picking out which colours to use for their cousins.

 First 2 mug rugs completed. They will be gifts, as well as 2 more tissue wallets.

 A needle case.

 I also finished the cardigan for my youngest niece. Just need to block it and add a snap or something else to close it.  Not a zipper though. Maybe a ribbon.

Here is one package almost ready to go to northern Ontario. 

I finished this quilt this summer but was only able to show a peek since it was designed by my sister. She said its okay to show it now (she put her version in the fall blogger's quilt festival).

I don't often do hand applique, but I did for her. If I took too long of a break between appliqueing the trees, I would have to look up how to do the blanket stitch, again. 

Another close-up picture.

Close-up of the free-motion in the snowflake blocks.

The back is a very wintery print.

Here it is hanging above the piano in our living room. I like that I can leave this up past Christmas since the fabrics are more wintery than Christmas. Thanks Sarah for having me test your pattern. Perhaps this will be the push you need to get it published.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...