Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Final Finishes for 2010!

I've discovered that when you stay home for the holidays and you don't get any company, that you can get a LOT of quilting done.

I finished this quilt. The top was my one thing, one week challenge in October. It has been sitting around ever since. I got it finished this week. I'm glad I used winter fabrics and not Christmas fabrics so it can stay out and be used for a few more months.

Close - up of one of the corners. I liked that I fussy cut the snowmen.

The trees took the most time. I don't do many paper piecing projects so I have to relearn how to do it each time. I think they turned out pretty well.

I really like the flying geese blocks too. I also like that I had enough of the main fabric to use it for the border.

The back. I used 4 flannels that were in the remnant bin at JoAnn's.  The pattern for this quilt can be found in the December edition of Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting.

I also finished my sweater. I have since washed it (and am actually wearing it right now), and a lot of the stiffness is gone. It's nice and warm. Yarn is on sale this week at JoAnn's so I picked up some yarn for the next project (or 3). The pattern is from a library book - sorry, can't remember which one.

Tree quilt. I was suppose to have this done for us to decorate this year, but I just finished it yesterday. I still need to add buttons that we will hang ornaments from, but I consider this finished. I will probably put the buttons on tonight or tomorrow... but all the quilting is done.

I have been saving the tree fabric at the bottom of the quilt for several years. I absolutely love it and didn't want to cut it up. Glad I will get to enjoy it for many years to come.

The back. You can see some of the quilting. The checkerboard quilting was done on the tree fabric at the bottom. The loopy quilting was done on all the snowflake fabric. I outlined the diamonds in the tree, but it will mainly be "quilted" with buttons. This is loosely based on Esther Aliu's Christmas quilt, which she had offered as a free mystery download for 6 weeks. You can now buy the pattern from her, here.

I also wiped up 2 bags last night too. Again the fabric is from the remnant bin a JoAnn's. This is a work bag to hold current knitting projects. You can see a sock pattern book sticking out the top.

This is a purse for me. I needed something a little bigger, that will be able to hold snacks and a water bottle.

The 2 bags together. the fabric is a light corduroy. I didn't do the embroidery - it came that way - and I couldn't resist it.

4 more sets of mug rugs. These have been done for a week or so, but I kept forgetting to take pictures.

Guess that is all my finishes for 2010. So, how many finishes did I have?  125! Wow, that's a pretty big number. Guess I did do something this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...