Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

2 More finishes and some other stuff

Here is my second finish for January, the doll quilt for the silent auction. This is what I was working on when I hurt my thumb. I was surprised at how nervous I was to use my machine again.

Close-up.

The back. My mom gave me this fabric at Christmas. You can also see the quilting - just outlined the flowers and squares.

My third finish for January is a pair of legwarmers for my daughter. She'll mainly be wearing these during skating lessons.

My sister and I have decided to make one string block a week for the year and when the year is over we will have a quilt top all ready to go. I'm doing this instead of the usual mystery quilt with the quilt guild. I had started out trying to do just 7 strips per block but it was tricky. I think it is interesting that my sister took her 4 for January and made one big block, while I am sewing mine together in rows.

Here is a preview of the lap quilt for the silent auction. I finally started quilting it today and it is going fast. Got half of it done within an hour. I am using multi-coloured thread and I think it looks really good. Hopefully I'll be showing you a completed quilt soon. I told the fundraising chair that I would bring it to her on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...