Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Finish #1

Here is my first finish of 2010, and it isn't a quilt! I started this afghan during the holidays and worked on it in the car and while visiting with family. This is lap size and is a gift for my grandmother. Not sure how I am going to get it there as we have no plans to visit Canada anytime soon.

Here's a close-up of the blocks. I really enjoyed making this afghan. I forgot how nice it was to sit and crochet and watch tv, talk with my family, or enjoy a cup of tea between stitches. Sometimes quilting feels very solitary since I am off in the corner by myself (although my children come and visit often). However, it is very hard to keep up a conversation and quilt at the same time. Already planning 2 more crochet projects for this year - a baby afghan for a niece or nephew arriving in June and some legwarmers for my daughter for skating lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...