Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Getting Ready!

This is a Winter wall hanging that is almost ready for the etsy shop. A little quilting left and then to sew down the hanging sleeve. I tried something new with this one. I picked up a piece of remnant polyester (very fluffy) at JoAnn's and just sewed the 2 pieces together, turned then right side out (with hanging sleeve attached attached at the same time as well) and am now quilting it. I made 2 like this. It makes the quilts lighter and thinner so they should be cheaper to ship. I figure since it isn't going on anyone's lap nobody will care about the poly. It's really soft though. The quilting doesn't stand out as much as if there was batting and a backing but that's okay. They should be in the store by the end of the week. They are a little slippery to free motion so I have left my feed dogs up to help with control.

Here is what else I have been working on. My giveaway. Working on 2 Laundry day quilts; 1 for giveaway day on Wednesday and the other will go in the shop. Not sure which will be for which though. I guess which ever one is ready. They will be quilted today (hopefully).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...