Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

And here are some pictures

Here are some pictures to accompany my rant from earlier today to prove I have been doing some quilting.

Finished set of 4 tulip coasters. Now listed in my etsy shop.

1 set of 4 holiday coasters now listed in my etsy shop. I have 4 more sets to finish.

I have ordered a couple things from etsy. 2 of them were gifts which I can't share here and one was for me. This is what it looked like when I took it out of the envelope. Beautiful and a great idea - I wonder if my mom will let me have her old patterns to wrap stuff in?

This is what was inside - beautiful green fabric. I need more plains and green is probably my favourite colour. There is just over 2 yards of it. I'll try to remember to post a link to the shop tomorrow but it's late here now and I don't want to.

It's done! The custom order Laundry Day was completed tonight and has been posted on etsy. There was a lot more pressure than I thought to complete it. If I don't like something I will throw it out or rip it apart. I gave myself 1 week to do the quilt, which was good, but I was stressed about it not turning out well and wanting to throw it out. I am considering making another one of the Laundry Day quilts to give away on Sew, Mama, Sew's giveaway day on December 2nd. I have the background ready to go, just need to cut out some quilts and piece it all together.

As for my earlier rant, I was able to get 30 minutes to myself today while my daughter was in piano lessons and my son was at preschool. I may not finish the holiday lap quilts I had planned on. I am not really happy making the big traditional quilts for my etsy shop. Going to try to return to more artsy quilts that are smaller, try making some quilted notecards but continue to make some baby quilts and small wall hangings, like Laundry Day, as they are just fun to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...