Mixing it up today, WIP's that don't include the Andi cardigan. I have a couple knitting projects and I spent some time quilting yesterday so there's some quilty WIP's this week, too.
First, a couple inches of the first sleeve of my Beacon Hill cardigan. I hadn't left myself any notes about where I was in the pattern so I took a guess and started knitting. Then had to rip out 8 rows. Leaving myself notes this time. It would be nice to have this ready by the time the weather cools.
Second neon sock is coming along.
Inspired by my sister's pictures, I joined in on the Patchwork Olympics. Lucky for me, I already had 4.5 and 2.5 inch squares cut so I was able to spend a lot of time sewing yesterday. I might have enough to make 2 quilt tops. You can find more info here.
And I've been experimenting with an easier way to make a wedding ring quilt. Inspired by this pattern at the Moda Bakeshop, I came up with the above quilt. I used a curved ruler I bought years ago with a wedding ring quilt guide. I made one quilt with it and it's been sitting on my shelf ever since. Nice to find another use for it.
The raw edges of the curves are exposed. I'm thinking next time I'll iron down the edge before sewing it on the background. I wish I had more of the above fabric to make it bigger. I plan on experimenting with the technique a bit. I've always wanted a wedding ring quilt for my bed but the thought of piecing a bunch of little pieces doesn't appeal to me and I've struggled to sew curves that look good. This might be a way to make one a little bit easier. We'll see.