Pages

Friday, August 5, 2016

Friday Finishes!

I have a couple finishes to share today. 

       First, is my Filament scarf. This was my July Camp Loopy project and had to use 600 yards. I definitely did that. I have a little ball of each colour leftover. I finished it last Friday and I haven't blocked it yet. It currently measures around 70 inches long but will stretch. I added an extra 8 stitches to help eat up the yarn so it's a little wider than the 7 inches the pattern says. Above I have it wrapped once around my neck.

     And here's a picture to show it's length (and our sad garden that needs some rain). Yarn used was Cascade Heritage sock in the plum and steel colourways. This scarf will be going to a niece for Christmas.

     My other finish was a scrappy pair of anklet socks for me. Used up several leftover bits with these. Of course I have enough leftovers to make a few pairs of regular sized socks. I also looked through my stash this week and I have enough yarn to make a dozen pair of socks, without the leftovers. Eek. Time to get knitting or my mom won't buy me any yarn for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...