Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

WIP Wednesday - Knits and Quilts

      Somehow it is Wednesday again, so I took some pictures this morning of everything I have been working on the past week. I have a couple finishes to share on Friday and I cast on one new WIP this week. 
       Took some time to iron what I have sewn together for the Patchwork Olympics quilt. I've decided to alter the design a little so it's a bit bigger and I don't have to cut hundreds of 1.5 inch squares. 

       And since I had some quilting mojo back, I bought fabric. From Green Fairy Quilts and their anniversary sale, I picked up some yardage of yellow and dill. I'll be adding some red for a Saskatchewan themed Christmas gift this year. My brother and his family are currently moving there. I'm using the flag as inspiration.

      And I picked up 2 jelly rolls of Just a Speck. Couldn't resist. Hard to decide which pre-cut I wanted but ultimately decided on jelly rolls. Now to find the perfect pattern for them. These might become a quilt for my daughter. I haven't made a quilt for her in years. Or they might become a quilt for the living room that the whole family could enjoy.

     I have 2 full skeins of this yarn (discontinued but used in this sweater) left, but I'm starting with these scraps to make...

     ... a 400m Sprint shawl. I just knit and knit and knit until it's the length I want. Sounds easy to me and a great way to use up leftovers.

And I knit a few more inches of the first Beacon Hill sleeve. Ready to start the sleeve decreases.

       And I found this red scarf at the bottom of my WIP pile. Finally started the second skein this week. Would be nice to get this finished and ready to donate. It's not really this bright. Some yarn is just impossible to get right.


And a sneak peek for Friday Finishes.

What have you been working on this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...