Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Weekend Knitting Progress

      Meant to post yesterday but I was busy bonding with my daughter. Her grade 8 graduation was yesterday morning and then she was done with Middle school. We spent yesterday afternoon having a Gilmore Girls marathon. This morning she went to Chicago with most of her classmates. She gets home late Thursday. This is the longest we've been apart and I think I'll be using crafts to keep my mind busy from worrying about her. 
      Anyway, here is my knitting progress from the weekend.

     My Fogliame is growing. Above I was about 8 rows away from finishing the second wedge section. I finished it yesterday and did the set up row for the third and final wedge. Still loving it.

      And the Side Squiggles sweater for Floyd now has one sleeve and most of a second. Starting to get a little bored with the sleeves but so close to being done with them that I am forcing myself to work on them, instead of Fogliame. Then just the sweater yoke and hood will be left.

      But today, I'll be doing my bit for Orlando. There are no words to express the anger and sadness. And other than donating blood, there isn't something that I can really do to help. However, the Orlando Modern Quilt Guild has put a call out for heart blocks to make quilts for the survivors. I went through the stash last night and picked out some fabric. Tutorial being used is the 10 inch heart by Cluck Cluck Sew. Light background with hearts being the different colours of the rainbow. You can look at this blog post for more information. More info is suppose to be released tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...