Monday, May 2, 2016

Getting Ready for the Week Ahead

     When I wrote down my three priorities for this week, number one on the list was finishing Floyd's quilt for his birthday next week. I spent most of my free time this weekend getting the quilt top ready.

     Saturday evening I spent a couple hours playing with the block arrangement. I had to move the dining room table to have enough room. I decided to do 11 rows instead of 12 - I don't know why I was making a quilt for a twin 96 inches long, it will now be 88. Having 8 extra blocks allowed me to play with the final layout a bit more. My husband and daughter also gave their two cents which helped, as an earlier layout lacked black bordered blocks in the middle.

      I did myself a favor and labeled all the rows. This really helped Sunday morning when I sewed the quilt top together. I don't always do this and often spend some time with my seam ripper.

     Last night, after the kids went to bed, I basted. The backing fabric was given to me by my sister-in-law. There was enough to do the whole back and then some. I might be able to make a matching pillow case. But now I'm stuck. I have no idea how to quilt this. I currently have it sitting on the floor in front of me, waiting for inspiration to strike.

     But it wasn't all quilting this weekend. I was able to squeeze in a little outside knitting, on Saturday. As you can see by the water gun at my feet, there were also some children joining me. I only got sprayed a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...