There are about 10 days until Floyd's birthday. My quilting focus for the next week will be finishing his quilt. This is the first quilt I've made him since the baby quilt I made him 3 years ago.
Wednesday afternoon I finished 16 blocks.
Then just before dinner tonight, I finished the last 32.
Here are all 96 blocks. They still need to be ironed and trimmed, but then it will be time to play with layout. I've been using Cluck, Cluck Sew's Stack n' Whack tutorial, but I've been thinking of ways to alter the pattern. If you want to avoid cutting 96 blocks to start, use layer cakes and end up with a 9 inch block. Or, if you don't like trimming the finished blocks, use charm squares for the middle and cut jelly roll strips to the right size. You would need two, 2.5 x 5 inches and two, 2.5 x 9 inches for each block (I think). A quick way to use up the precuts in your stash.