Pages

Monday, February 29, 2016

Weekend Progress

I worked on several different projects this weekend. We were busy with a birthday party, errands, chores and donating items to a thrift shop. I find it hard to believe I got anything done. Lucky for me, evenings were spent at home, in front of the tv so I was able to squeeze in some crafting. I've also spent some time the past week reorganizing/ cleaning up my desk and stash. Not a huge difference so no pictures but it felt good to go through almost everything and decide what I want to work on and pass on some supplies I won't use.

Finished the body of the Potter's shawl and started the sideways leaf border. I like the orange yarn with the variegated yarn when the skein is sitting next to the shawl but I'm doubting my choice as I see the border being knit. I think the two oranges don't go together at all so I am hoping the orange border will look better beside the other colours in the variegated yarn.

Close-up of the leaf detail. I think I will do a few more leaf repeats before I decide if I will knit the whole border. I still have a bit of the variegated yarn left. Part of me is thinking of frogging the border and continuing the body until I run out of yarn.

A few more inches of the red scarf got stitched.

And I finally tried my hand at yo-yo's. Very addictive. Had to force myself to stop at four. This will be a very long term project. I'm thinking 2 years before this is finished.

Sneak peak of a little Spring art project. I knit the first piece on Friday and painted the canvas on Saturday. Still have some other parts to make and assemble. Hope to have it finished by the first day of Spring.

Went through my Christmasy fabric looking for fabrics to make some scrappy blocks.

I filled a basket full of worsted weight yarn scraps to make hats for charity. Underneath are some hat patterns.

All that progress means I didn't start my Beacon Hill cardigan. Hopefully this week. The needles and yarn are impatiently waiting.

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...