Pages

Friday, February 19, 2016

2 Finishes for Friday

I have a couple finishes to share this week. 

I finished the Minecraft Creeper Blanket almost a month ago, the night before my son's 10th birthday. He was very happy with it and it has been on his bed every night since. He recently counted and he has 6 different quilts/ afghans on his bed. His bedroom is the coldest in the house so he needs them but even I think that's a bit much. (I only have 3 on mine :)). Pattern is free and is written for the 100 squares needed to be knitted but I decided to crochet them, as several others have. I ran out of several colors and had to use the soft fern green to make 4 extra blocks - I used the yarn recommend in the pattern and found at Michael's. I enjoyed making it and am thinking of crocheting an afghan from my scraps to use in the living room.

I blocked the Passerine scarf on Tuesday and was able to sneak outside for some pictures with it today. We have a wind advisory here today which made taking pictures ... interesting. As I mentioned in Monday's post, I ran out of yarn and was 5 lace pattern repeats short. I went down to size 3 needles which helped a bit, or it would have been even shorter. I'm happy with the current length. It's good for just having around the neck...

... but is also a good length for wrapping around my neck once with some left to be tucked into my coat. If it was cold enough to wear one. 

It took a few tries to get a picture of the length due to the wind.

The colours are so bright and beautiful. So happy with it.

I love where the red and purple blend into each other.

And the green is great too. I started with the green end to make sure I used all of it.

And I'm making good progress on the first Thermal Tunic sleeve. Perhaps I'll get the first one done this weekend. I think that would be a first sleeve record for me. 

What have you finished this week?


2 comments:

  1. LOVE the rainbow scarf! And the minecraft afghan will probably be used forever :) Good luck with the sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very impressed with your scarf! I'm a quilter first and foremost...but I learned to knit this past fall so it's been creeping into my sewing time a little. Bravo to you for your gorgeous quilt AND scarf!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...