Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Socktober Results plus a new WIP

Socktober is finished and I think it was a great success for me this year.

Here are all the socks I knit last month. 2 complete pairs (at the top) which are Christmas gifts. Bottom row is the first finished Frankensock for me and the first finished Cusp sock and almost half of the second. 6 socks in a month is pretty good.

Wrapped up the socks with ribbon instead of stretching out the cuff. 

My mother gifted me some red yarn for Christmas last year to make a red scarf for charity. She had suggested the Red Scarf project in southern Ontario which brings awareness to AIDS. But I have also discovered that there is a Red Scarf Project in the States in support of Foster care. I think I'm going to send my scarf to the Foster Care one which means more to me - I have family that used to be Foster Parents and played with several foster kids growing up. I am doing the Wheat scarf by Tin can Knits which is a free pattern. Side note - I'm using straight for the first time in a long time and it feels really weird.

And I had no plans to do NaNoWriMo this year but when an idea came to me just before midnight, I decided to write. And write I did! Just over 10,000 words in 2 days! Trying to keep the momentum going but I'm a little concerned what's going to happen to all my gift knitting/ quilting if I spend this whole month writing. Time for my husband and kids to do some of the crafting this year? 

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore your idea with ribbon! Your colorful socks wrapped with ribbon look amazing. It is the best gift for Christmas))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...