Pages

Monday, November 30, 2015

Keeping busy and a big finish

The blog might have been quiet last week but a lot was going on. Enough to probably do a blog post everyday this week. I have a few finishes to share and Wednesday will be my what I read in November post. Let's get started.

Floyd helped me crochet a Christmas gift. He's holding one of the big one pounder skeins from JoAnn's. The afghan I'm working on used almost 3 whole ones. That's a lot of stitches.

The older kids only had 2 days of school last week.  Wednesday was supposed to be a cookie making day but we only got 2 batches done since I ran out of flour. Oops. We even had to use some bread flour for both of these recipes. Next time I'll double check ALL of my ingredients before starting a cookie day. We also did some gift making which I'll share later this week.

We decorated our little tree on Saturday.

And I did more crocheting beside it. 

And I finally finished it! Only took me a few months but it sat a lot of that time. The Tardis afghan is a free pattern and can be found here. Not the best picture. I might have to take another one. But now that it's done, I can cast on several more Christmas gifts. Look for more progress pictures later this week.

How's your holiday crafting going? I'm still optimistic I'll get everything done. That includes 3 kid sweaters (only 1 is started and I still need to wind yarn for one, too)  and 3 more quilts. 

1 comment:

  1. Hope some of those yummy cookies make it to Canada!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...