Last Christmas, my mother requested 3 holiday quilts for her bed and 2 guest beds by this Christmas. I finished the first one earlier this year, which you can see here. I finally finished the second one on Monday.
This is the quilt that will go on their bed. I used a special ruler to cut the flying geese pieces so it went together easy.
The black fabric has cardinals. The majority of the green fabric has holly. I used black thread to loosely go around each bird. Then used green thread on the green fabric and red thread on the red and did my go-to free-motion quilting. I had enough of the red fabric that I was able to use it for the binding as well.
The back. Some holiday fabric. Some that fit the colour scheme, plus some blue (their bedroom is blue).
I put it on our bed and it fits well. My mom didn't want it big enough to tuck in, more of an extra quilt for the bed. It's gone through the washer and dryer now and has fluffed up nicely. Feels good to cross another item off my list.
I did more quilting yesterday and finished off 2 spools of thread.
And here's my NaNoWriMo update. I tried to get to 50,000 words by the end of Sunday. All the quilting I did interfered with my writing. I made it to 44, 375 words Sunday night, which is still pretty good.
I persisted and Wednesday evening I passed the 50,000 word mark. This is definitely the fastest I have ever reached this milestone. The novel isn't finished yet so I am still trying to write everyday until it is complete.