Pages

Monday, October 26, 2015

Finished Pair of Socks #10

Saturday evening I was able to finish my 10th pair of knitted socks for the year. These are a Christmas gift. It's nice to have several gifts complete 2 months before the big day. I'll ignore the fact that I have a couple sweaters to knit still.

I started both socks with the outside end of the skein but ended up with stripes going in opposite directions. Makes them even funkier, I guess. I think the new owner will love them.

Heels ended up different too.

With all this sock knitting happening, my container of sock yarn scraps has started to overflow. So I did the only thing I could do...

... I started a pair of Frankensocks. As you can see I didn't have much yarn left of the last two pairs I finished. I'll be using the same yarn for the cuffs, heels and toes of both socks. That yarn is leftover from the third pair of socks I ever knit almost 5 years ago and still wear.

I also made some progress on the Cusp socks. I finished the heel and started the foot. I kept messing up the one row and had to redo it several times which slowed me down. Above is the back.

And here is the front. 

Just a few days left in Socktober. I'm going to try and stay focused on socks for the rest of the week but I've been really tempted to cast on some new projects - like a sweater for myself - that would use bigger needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...