Pages

Friday, October 2, 2015

Finished Pair of Socks #8 and Socktober

It's been a few months, but I finally finished another pair of knitted socks. This is the 8th of 12 pairs I hope to knit this year. 
Somehow the stripes lined up without me trying. Love it.

Leg stripes match but the heels don't.

I used the short row heel that I usually use with toe-up socks. Much quicker than doing my usual top-down heel. 

Started pair #9. The weather has been so nice that we're able to spend time outside without getting overheated. Boys had fun in the sandbox yesterday after school while I knit a few rounds.

The sock this morning, a few stripes later. 

As of right now, I have 4 pairs of socks on my Christmas to-make list. Pair #9 is meant to be a gift and above is the rest of the yarn meant to become pairs of socks for family this Christmas. Think I can get all 4 knitted this month for Socktober? I'm aiming for 3. 2 pairs will be plain. Socks knit with the red and purple yarns will have a pattern. At least that's the plan. Which pattern I'll use is still being decided. Lace? Cables? Who knows.
Do you have a favourite sock pattern?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...