Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

Graph Paper Quilt Along

I know I haven't done much quilting lately but when I stumbled upon this QAL I knew it was just what I needed. I have a lot of scraps and I have organized them several ways over the years - by colour, by size, just thrown in a bin. Over a year ago I decided what I want to do with most of them is  to cut the scraps into squares and randomly piece them and make quilts for charity. I am hoping for two twin size quilts. I think the QAL is a great way for me to finally start these quilts as I want them completed before we move next summer.

Here are my scraps organized by size going for 1.5 inch to 3 inch strips. 

Some squares. Most are 5 inch but there are smaller ones, too.

Big bunch of scraps that haven't been organized yet.

Here they are all together. I'd love to get the scraps down to a bin or two by this time next year. It would be great to complete one quilt top during the QAL. Two would be amazing. This is the last week of school for the kids so having 3 home all day everyday might affect things. I'm hoping the older kids will play with the baby during the day so I can work on it a bit.


2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your quilts! You're organised with your scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to keep all your scraps so organized. I really need to do this too! I can't wait to see what you make! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...