Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

On the Needles Friday - July 20th


I made a lot of progress on the Ardara cardigan last weekend. I finished the front.

And I am almost done the back. Still have a lot to do but I'd love to get this done by next Friday. It's probably wishful thinking. This time next week we'll be loading the moving truck and there's still a bit of packing and a bunch of cleaning do before then. And my parents are going to visit. And it's been so hot in the evenings that the last thing I want to do is sit with a cardigan on my lap.

This is the sock I cast on last Thursday. It's the Faux Cable sock pattern I used to make socks for my mom in February. The pattern has only 3 cables going down the centre of the sock but while I was knitting my mother's I kept thinking about changing the pattern to make the cables go all around the leg. I couldn't get the idea out of my head and here they are. I need to finish the first sock since I need these needles for the socks I am doing for the ravellenic games.

Love the cables going all the way around. Very happy with it. Have about 4 inches left for the foot and then the toe. I should be able to get these done by next Friday.

1 comment:

  1. The cables on your sweater are absolutely stunning! Love the socks too. They surely look like real cables.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...