For someone who didn't now what she was going to work on last night for Friday Night Sew-In, I was able to get 3 hours at my sewing machine and 2 projects finished. It helps that 2 weeks from today we start the journey from Idaho to Michigan and I've packed almost all my quilting stuff except a few projects. Without a lot of different WIP's to choose from I was able to focus and get some stuff done.
Made to pillow slipcovers. I've had the tops done for a few weeks, just sitting on my quilt table. Last night I was able to quilt them, cut out the backing and finished them.
Both pillows have the same backing. I found it in the remnant bin at JoAnn's a while ago and since there was almost a full yard there was enough for both. I've tried to use this fabric on projects I knew I was going to give away but I just couldn't. Glad I get to keep it.
I also finished the quilt from the Fat Quarter Stars QAL with Moose on the Porch Quilts. I only made 10 of the 12 blocks (the 10th is on the back). I was able to quilt it, get the binding on and attach the hanging sleeve. All that is left is to hand-sew the hanging sleeve down but I consider this complete.
I wasn't sure how I was going to quilt it. Finally decided on stippling on all the yellow and stitch-in-the-ditch along the sashing and border.
And the back. It was nice to use up a lot of smaller pieces that I wasn't willing to part with.