Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

On the Needles Friday - July 13th

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times for On the Needles Friday. Today I have 2 finishes to share. The only other thing I've worked on this week is a pair of socks I cast on yesterday. Since I've only done 2 rows, I didn't bother to take a picture. We are moving in two weeks and that has really controlled me casting on a bunch of projects and helped me to focus. I have also packed all my yarn except for 2 current WIP's and the yarn I plan on using on our trip - moving from Idaho to Michigan means a lot of knitting time, I hope.
Finish #1 - the dress for my niece. It will be a little late as her birthday was the 5th, but it is in the mail and should arrive in a week or so.

I also knit this dress for her sister who turned 2 in June. The only change I made was adding two buttons on the side to make it easier to get over her head.

Finish #2 -  the "Sarah" shawl. It's so colourful I think it is meant for my sister, Sarah.

I liked that it had a little crocheted scallop on the edge. I still need to block it.

I bit the bullet and decided to join the ravellenic games. I wasn't going to, since we are moving but when I realized the two projects I plan on knitting in the van are by the same designer who has a team participating, I joined. I'm on teamklc, and I'll be working on the Aullwood shawl and Take a Hike Socks by Jen of Knitting Like Crazy. Not sure if I'll get them done but it should be great motivation.

Also tonight is Friday Night Sew-In. Go to Heidi's blog to sign-up. Not sure what I'll be working on tonight.

2 comments:

  1. The little dress is just so cute. The shawl is a great finish too. Your pattern choices for your road trip look like you will need to be concentrating and not sightseeing!

    Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little dress is so sweet! I'm sure she'll look like a little doll wearing it. And Sarah's shawl is beautiful - love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...