Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Another finished quilt?

Look! I actually finished another quilt. This has been on my UFO list for the past two years and I am so happy that it is done. I am linking up to Judy's UFO Challenge at Patchwork Times. I will be sending it to Utah to be donated to those who lost their homes in the wildfires. If you are interested in sending a quilt, go here to find out more information. Others mentioned it awhile ago as Operation Wood Hollow but it is now called Phoenix Quilts: Rising from the Ashes.

I started this quilt almost 3 years ago and it was meant for the woman who taught preschool to both of my kids. Obviously I didn't get it done in time and I think she would be happy that it will be donated.

I eliminated 2 of the 4 borders. I was just done with this quilt. It covers a full size bed but doesn't really have enough extra to tuck in. 



The back.

I love how the quilting looks on the back.

I used my free-motion foot for all the quilting. None of it is perfect but I like the overall look.

This is my UFO for July (#3). I finished 3 of the 4 blocks, pieced them together and added the white border before the end of June, not knowing its number would be picked. I've set aside and ironed backing fabric but it's been too hot for me to want to work on a quilt.

This is what my living room looked like this afternoon. We are moving on the 27th of this month - going back to Michigan - and most of my time has been set aside for packing or taking the kids to the pool. I've packed most of my fabric and yarn only keeping out what I think I might use before we leave (or knit while traveling). Should be interesting to see if I can get the UFO finished or not.

You may have noticed a few changes on the blog, including a new title. I also added a new page, Monthly Word Count. This was added to keep me accountable to myself as I try to focus more on writing. I signed up for NaNoWriMo's summer camp and wrote a novel in June and signed up to write one in August as well. Have an idea for the August one but it might have to wait until November if I can't find the time with moving. 

This Friday is Friday Night Sew-In. Go to Heidi's blog to sign up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...